CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Today I spoke in church.  My topic was 'I am a Child of God' & 'Help them on their way home' by Elder Eyring.  It went well which was surprising, cuz I was kinda a wreck.  Let me just back up leading to sacrament meeting...

approx 3 weeks ago, Kloey got some weird virus, throwing up and had on and off fevers for a week.  I kept her home from school and she just slept so much, she was congested but not too bad.  It was an odd sickness, the following week Klaire started to get a fever, no throwing up which was weird because she has always gotten the sickest when things go around.  Her fevers lasted only about 3 days or so.  Almost a week goes by and nothing for Jax, I am thinking woohoo, he didn't get it, boy was I wrong.... about Wednesday he started getting fevers, uhhhg.  Friday his eye was SO red, and he was throwing up, by Saturday afternoon we couldn't keep his fever down so I took him into Urgent Care and he has an Eye Infection, a Respiratory Infection and Stomach Flu- I felt like such a failure as a Mom.

So this morning me and the girls head off to church, Jeff stayed home with Jax, he was up the early early morning shift with Jaxon.  I had called a friend hoping she could maybe sit with us while I gave my talk, but she has two young boys, so I put myself on a row where other women could help me while I spoke (such sweet hearts) I hope I was able to get across what my heart felt, but I am such a big baby when I feel the spirit, and add being tired on top of that I was just a mess.  oh well. I know Satan has been working on me all week, because each night I would read my talk, I kept thinking how am I suppose to help these kids get back to our Father in Heaven when I can't even keep them healthy?!  I just have to keep telling myself, sicknesses go around, I can't prevent everything... I am doing my best as a Mom and trying to teach them what they need to know, and that's all I can do.

So I pray for sick free days ahead, and I REALLY hope and pray my baby doesn't get sick.

In the mean time, I really miss my Mommas


... and I know my kids miss their cousins

5 comments:

mad white woman said...

I am the worst speaker b/c I cry like a baby. Well, in church. I can talk forever in front of any other group. I decided it's because talking in church means talking about things of an eternal nature.

Yes, your kids getting sick is not a reflection of you as a mother. I hope you all get well soon!

KARI said...

i'm so glad that you are blogging again! you have inspired me! ;) you are one of the best moms I know so don't be so hard on yourself. it's harder now that kloey is in school because she will bring germs home and then it just gets passed around. NO FUN!! i hope you all start to feel better and that kelsea doesn't get it! love ya kris! :) i wish you were here to hang out with me and our kids could be sick together!

Hilary said...

Seriously, it was a great talk. Silly girl. cut yourself some slack.

Shannon said...

hope you guys are feeling better!

A mother heart said...

I really enjoyed your talk. It was so so good. And you are an awesome mom...I have always thought so. I"m so glad you moved back to our ward!