CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 23, 2012

a turn-around

OK so here is the skinny... I'm SO not, and I want to do something about it.

It was a sad realization when I went to get a towel for my shower out of our cupboard and I went for the beach towel so I could cover all my goods. When walking away from my cupboard I thought.... WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?? (sad right)

So for the past 2 weeks I have been going to the gym or working out with a friend, and probably getting stronger..? I don't know, but I got on the scale at the gym this morning (you know the really accurate ones) and I about died right then.  'OH WOW' I thought, those are the numbers when I am pregnant... and I'm not pregnant. Yes.. yes, I did have a baby (5 months ago) but that was 5 months ago!

I decided to start really tracking what I eat, and BLOG about it... HURRAY for that right?! It will help me be accountable for what I stuff in my face- cuz nobody wants to look like a pig right? I won't eat after 7, and I have to keep my calories up for the little one who requires all her substance from yours truly.  I will start tomorrow, I have always started things on Mondays... just because, but why wait?

I really want to get healthy again... see some muscle tone. Look like I did not so long ago- and feel confident in ME.  Having babies has been such a wonderful blessing, and I am so thankful for each one of them- but I want my body back. (I'm sure Jeff does too)

Anyone want to join me in my quest? We could turn it into a competition? share healthy recipes? well I am on my way to a healthier me... wish me luck!

I will be taking pictures of me tonight and taking measurement, and when I get to my goal weight, I will post before and after.



10 comments:

mad white woman said...

I hate being pregnant and nursing because I feel like I'm not in control of my weight. I gain so much weight when I'm pregnant no matter how good I eat. Then, I have to eat like a cow when I'm nursing... I guess so I can lactate like a cow. Ha ha.

Anyway, good luck. Don't worry so much about the numbers, worry about how you feel. :)

A mother heart said...

I took measurements about a month ago and i need to measure agaiin...my scale weight has gone up actually (insert very bad word here) but I think I have put on muscle so I am hoping my measurements might show that. i haven't lost a think since having addie 7 whole months ago. I WANT MY BODY BACK!

A mother heart said...

oh and i have another blog where i put it all...aubreyruns.blogspot
and i gave up sugar for lent. wanna do that with me??

Braden and Cheri said...

Mazie is 3 1/2 months old and I've been exercising 4 times a week since she was 2 months old. I'm also going to Physical Therapy to help with my diastasis, but it doesn't feel like its changing much this time. I've lost about 5 pounds, but that's not enough for me! I'm going to Hawaii in 10 weeks and I need to lose 14 more pounds before then. I've already cut out all milk and all chocolate (for Mazie's sake)...you'd think that would have helped! But it seems the scale won't budge. And I'm STARVING half the time. I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day, rarely eat after 7, and eat all homemade, mostly healthy foods. Still, I can't get the belly to go away or the pounds to fall off. Maybe the problem is 4 kids? Not that THEY are the problem, but maybe our bodies are doomed. Whatever the problem, we've got work to do sista! I'm looking forward to following your journey.

Krista said...

Anna- I agree, I SOO hate not being in control, its super hard and I am doing this so I can feel better, the numbers are just my motivation :)

Aubrey- your other blog is AWESOME! I love it! I am in on the whole cutting sugar thing, for now I think I am going to only have it once a week, and hopefully kick it to once a month... and then hopefully never- and not even want it (baby steps right) and you do look stronger, muscle do weigh more than fat!

Cheri- I miss our workout days! and HAWAII!!! you lucky girl! I hope and pray that after 4 babies our bodies aren't doomed, I refuse to believe it and so should you, we can do this!! Miss YOU!!

Cliff&KarissaWilliams said...

Krysta I am starting monday again, I am going to do it this time my baby is going to be 1 in a month and i havnt lost much since having her, i do think that after the 4th one it is harder cause we are more stressed so what do i do when i am stressed i snack:)

Krista said...

SO true Karissa! I totally am a stress eater (and 4 kids so young is TOTALLY stressful)

KARI said...

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself! You had your last 2 babies so close together and you never gave your body time to get back to normal. Besides i'm sure you look GORGEOUS as always!
I still need to loose LOTS of my chubbs from having Corbin and he's 15 months! AAAaaahhh! I'm totally up for doing it with you so we can keep eachother motivated. I wanna be at my goal weight by the time Rick graduates which is in 7 weeks! Check out draxe.com. I love this website and he has a lot of good recipes on there too. Alright....you have motivated me so I'll start tomorrow...wait it Saturday, that doesn't really work for me!! HAHA! kidding! For real, I'm starting tomorrow!!!! ;)

KARI said...

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself! You had your last 2 babies so close together and you never gave your body time to get back to normal. Besides i'm sure you look GORGEOUS as always!
I still need to loose LOTS of my chubbs from having Corbin and he's 15 months! AAAaaahhh! I'm totally up for doing it with you so we can keep eachother motivated. I wanna be at my goal weight by the time Rick graduates which is in 7 weeks! Check out draxe.com. I love this website and he has a lot of good recipes on there too. Alright....you have motivated me so I'll start tomorrow...wait it Saturday, that doesn't really work for me!! HAHA! kidding! For real, I'm starting tomorrow!!!! ;)

Krista said...

KARI! your a genious! I love that website! I was looking for great recipes- I know my everyday meals might start getting old.. but who knows.
7 weeks- HOLY COW! I am SOOOO excited, you get to 'COME HOME' gosh we miss you guys